Our multi-disciplinary team has submitted a Planning Application on behalf of Genesis Housing Association for redevelopment at the Grahame Park Estate, within the London Borough of Barnet.
The new development seeks to create a neighbourhood that is no longer an isolated ‘estate’ but a high quality environment that is integrated into the wider context.
To achieve this, the application involves:
- the replacement of 630 existing homes with 1083 new one, two, three and four bedroom homes;
- the replacement of the existing community and health facilities with a new flagship building, the Community Hub, comprising a cafe, community hall and workshop rooms, a daycare nursery, a GP health centre and community health facilities;
- the inclusion of retail space opposite the Community Hub;
- improvements to Heybourne Park and creation of a new green spine, the Woodland Walk;
- the creation of new streets and spaces, including an important road connection from the existing Bristol Avenue through to Corner Mead that will improve bus connections; and
- the replacement of the existing energy centre with a new facility to provide heat to both the new development and existing dwellings served by the energy centre.